- About ME
- Contact the ASO
- ME Courses
- Undergrad Handbook
- Graduate Handbook
- ME UG Symposium
- People & Groups
- News & Info
ME Faculty Awards Announced
The following ME faculty members have received distinguished honors that bring prestige to themselves and the Mechanical Engineering Department:
* Professor Arvind Atreya has been elected to receive the 2003-04 College of Engineering Excellence in Service Award.
* Assistant Professor Suman Das has been elected to receive the 2004 SME M. Eugene Merchant Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award.
* Associate Professor David A Dowling has been elected a Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America.
* Assistant Professor Bogdan Epureanu has received the Pi Tau Sigma/ASME Gold Medal.
* Professor Greg Hulbert has been elected to receive the 2003-04 College of Engineering Excellence in Service Award.
* Assistant Research Scientist Muammer Koc has been elected to receive the 2004 SME M. Eugene Merchant Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award.
* Professor Jyoti Mazumder has received the 22nd Arthur L. Schawlow Award from the Laser Institute of America.
* Professor Panos Papalambros has been elected as a Fellow of the Society of Automotive Engineers. Professor Papalambros has also received, along with a team of Electrical Engineers, the Best Paper Award at the 2003 International Conference on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
* Professor Christophe Pierre, Associate Research Scientist Zheng Dong Ma, and Professor Noboru Kikuchi have received the Best Paper Award from the ASME Vehicle Design Committee.
* Associate Professor Albert Shih has been elected to receive the 2004 SAE Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award.
* Associate Professor Anna Stefanopoulou has received the 2003 IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology Outstanding Paper Award from the IEEE Control Systems Society.
* Professor Michael Thouless has been elected to receive the 2003-04 College of Engineering Excellence in Research Award.
* Associate Professor Dawn Tilbury has received the ASME Dynamic and Controls Division Award for her Controls Tutorials in MATLAB.
* Associate Professor Margaret Wooldridge has been elected to receive the 2003-04 College of Engineering Excellence in Education Award.
Special thanks to the members of the ME Honors and Awards Committee and others who as individuals have taken the initiative to either nominate or support these nominations.